It is vital to keep you car’s air-conditioning system in optimum shape, for the sake of comfort above all, of course, but also for safe driving, since it has a positive effect on the driver’s reactivity.
WHEN SHOULD I HAVE MY CAR’S AIR-CONDITIONING SERVICED?
In general, you should do a quick check every year, and a complete overhaul every two years, including re-gassing the air-conditioning circuit. Car Manufacturers recommend you recharge your Air Conditioning every 2 years at least by yearly is beneficial
Also, whenever you detect an unusual smell when using the system, if fuel consumption increases significantly, or you notice that it takes longer to cool the interior, go to a specialist First Stop shop, to get the system checked.
IS IT SUITABLE TO USE THE CAR'S AIR-CONDITIONING IN WINTER?
It is a good idea to use the air-conditioning in the winter, to clear the windscreens quickly. Also turning it on regularly extends the life of the system.
WHY SHOULD I SERVICE AND RE-GAS MY CAR’S AIR-CONDITIONING
- It helps to improve your driving experience
- Avoids tiredness and slower reflexes during your journey
- Stops the build up of bacteria in your air vents which causes sickness and nausea in your car
- Provides cool air when the ouside temperature is hot
- It is recommended by your car manufacturer to have your Air-Con recharged every two years
- Maintains good visibility in adverse weather conditions