Pirelli's Tire History
Pirelli is a renowned Italian tire manufacturer with a long and illustrious history. The company was founded in Milan in 1872 by Giovanni Battista Pirelli and initially produced telegraph cables. In 1901, Pirelli produced its first automobile tire, and over the next few decades, the company continued to expand its tire business.
During the early 20th century, Pirelli's tires gained a reputation for their high performance and durability, particularly in motorsports. Pirelli tires were used in the first ever car race in Italy in 1895, and in subsequent years, the company supplied tires to some of the most prestigious car races in the world, including the 24 Hours of Le Mans and Formula One.
In the 1950s, Pirelli began to diversify its business, expanding into the production of other rubber products such as gaskets, hoses, and conveyor belts. The company continued to innovate in the tire industry, introducing the first low-profile tire in 1974 and developing new technologies such as the Pirelli P Zero high-performance tire in 1987.
Today, Pirelli is one of the world's largest tire manufacturers, with a presence in over 160 countries. The company produces a wide range of tires for cars, motorcycles, and commercial vehicles, and remains a major player in motorsports, supplying tires to the Formula One World Championship.
Pirelli Tyres here and now
Pirelli continues to be a major player in the tire industry, producing a wide range of tires for various applications. The company's focus on high-performance tires remains strong, with its P Zero range still being a top choice for sports and supercars.
Pirelli also continues to be heavily involved in motorsports, supplying tires to various racing series including the Formula One World Championship, the World Rally Championship, and the Intercontinental GT Challenge.
In recent years, Pirelli has also been pushing the boundaries of tire technology, introducing the Pirelli Cyber Tire, which includes sensors that collect data on the tire's performance and condition. This information can be used to optimize tire performance and improve safety on the road.
Pirelli has also been investing in sustainable practices, with a focus on reducing its environmental impact. The company has introduced eco-friendly tires, such as the Pirelli Cinturato P7, which is made with low rolling resistance technology that reduces fuel consumption and CO2 emissions.
Overall, Pirelli remains a major player in the tire industry, with a strong focus on innovation and sustainability, and a continued presence in the world of motorsports.
SUMMER CAR / SUV TYRE
- Green performance with a low environmental impact.
- Precise handling in all road conditions.
- Low rolling resistance ensures low fuel consumption.
SUMMER ULTRA HIGH PERFORMANCE CAR / SUV TYRE
- Asymmetric tread pattern for improved grip in wet and dry conditions
- High-performance silica compound for enhanced traction and braking
- Reduced road noise and increased comfort
- Run-flat technology available for select sizes
SUMMER CAR TYRE
- Long tread life and durability
- Unique tread pattern for good traction in wet and dry conditions
- Reinforced shoulder and sidewall for added stability during cornering
Cinturato All Season SF2
ALL SEASON CAR TYRE
- Premium, comfortable and safe driving experience
- 3PMSF marking guarantees perfect usability in all seasons
- Outstanding wet and dry performance
Cinturato™ Winter 2
WINTER CAR TYRE
- Deeper tread for more traction on snow and slush
- Flexible winter compound for improved grip and braking in low temperatures
- Safe performance levels in winter conditions
SUMMER SUV TYRE
- Excellent grip and stability in any road condition
- Comfort and safety on all road surfaces
- Low rolling resistance and reduced weight for lower fuel consumption
Scorpion Verde™ All Season
ALL SEASON SUV TYRE
- Specially designed tread pattern for excellent traction in wet and dry conditions
- Silica compound for improved handling and braking in wet and dry conditions
- Low rolling resistance for improved fuel efficiency
- Comfortable ride with reduced road noise