FEATURES AND BENEFITS
Emphasising Ride Comfort Inside, Steering Stability Outside:
- The rigidity of the inside shoulder was tuned with fine grooves in a circumferential direction, for a smoother ride and greater comfort.
- A blind groove was adopted for the wide rib on the outside shoulder, increasing rigidity.
AE51´s construction achieves light weight and high durability:
- Layered Rubber for higher fuel economy: The two-layered treat compound, with a bottom rubber layer designed for higher fuel economy, delivers high efficiency without adversely affecting the tread´s grip performance.
- Belt Cover: The belt cover firmly holds the tread portion, which must withstand the constant impact with the road surface, to maintain rigidity and maximize straight-line stability.
- Turn-up Carcass Construction: The tyre´s construction - with the carcass tightly wound up to the shoulder to create a two-layered sidewall - achieves both light weight and high rigidity.
- Bead Fillers: Bead fillers maintain sidewall stiffness. Different types of rubber were developed, component by component, with the goal of improving overall performance.
EXCELLENT STRAIGHT-LINE PERFORMANCE ELIMINATES WOBBLE DURING LANE CHANGES
The construction improves the overall balance of performance as well as High-Speed Stability. The result is sharp steering response and a solid feel the driver can count on.